Saturday, January 19, 2008

January Happenings






I have read on so many blogs various New Years resolutions. I have decided just to set one goal for this year and hopefully I won't get too overwhelmed with this one. I have decided to tackle food storage. The whole thing starting with 72 hour kits, water, three month supply of everyday foods and then long term storage. My grandma has lent me some great books and I have my work cut out for me. To me it just solidifies how smart the church is. Not only storing food but saving and being prepared in general. I am really excited about it right now and hopefully that does not change. McKenna has progressed so much in such a short amount of time. She is crawling everywhere now and is no longer content to stay in one room. She is talking a ton and yesterday she kept repeating yaya. She has also decided that being on the ground crawling is fun but standing up on while holding on to things is equally if not more fun. I am so thankful that I am able to stay home with her and see firsthand all of her developmental milestones. I also wanted to thank Jill Riggs, now Jill Scripps who while in town visiting her family made some time to take some pictures of McKenna and our Family I will post some of our favorites. I hope that everyone is doing well:)

11 comments:

jill s said...

she's a doll melissa! it was fun to take pictures of your cute family!

good luck with the food storage! :)

The Hann Family said...

What cute pictures. McKenna is SO cute! Good luck with the food storage. It is something I, too, need to tackle.

Mandy said...

wow. those pictures are awesome. mckenna literally gets more cute every day. i can't wait for avery to start crawling and exploring! and i love your new years resolution! i so need to do that. let me know if you find any good systems -- my biggest road block to getting food storage together is storing and using the stuff i get! anyway, good to see your gorgeous family! xo

♥ Natalie said...

You are so good, Melissa to be so dedicated! If you find some really good tips on food storage, let me know! I am always looking for ways to improve on everything. What books do you have so far? You are awesome!

And I love your family pictures. I think your sweet McKenna is just the sweetest little baby... she would make great friends with Annilise, you know! We should get them together to play sometime.

~ Natalie Evans

Jenny said...

Right on Melissa! Food storage is soo important right now. So much easier to do when it is broken down into smaller goals. I try to remember to buy extra cans and water bottles when I go to the store. McKenna is so cute..sounds like she will be walking soon :)

The Larsen's said...

Love the new pictures! It's been great keeping in touch a little bit more.

Jeni Everett said...

I am going insane b/c I thought I left a comment about your cute pics and I didn't. So, I will just tell you that your pics are super cute. McKenna is so cute!!! I also had a blast at lunch today. Really that tradition is going to be a monthly thing. I think maybe we should put you in charge!!!! Just what you wanted!

Bridget said...

I love that pic of McKenna in black and white. Jill did a good job. You have such a cute family.

♥ Natalie said...

Hey, I saw your comment about the book... you actually do get the printed out book. You choose from an 8 x 8 or a 12 x 12.

I know that there are so many different sites that you can make them at. I used shutterfly. I have also heard that mypublisher and kodak do them, to name a few.

It was fun putting it all together. Have fun, if you do decide to do it!!

Mandy said...

thanks for the comments! i can't wait to hear the latest news from your family. i just bought plane tickets last night to go down for zach's eagle court of honor and casey's wedding. can't wait to see you!! yeah, mall is going to byu idaho now and it's great to be close to her. we've been spending lots of time together watching old movies. :) avery has been doing well - we've had tons of doc apts since we got back to idaho. hopefully those will slow down someday. take care and kiss mckenna for me! xoxo

Momma Malia said...

it's reuion time. check out the website, post your info and spread the word!! http://highland1998.myevent.com/