Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Happy Birthday McKenna






We celebrated McKenna's first birthday last week! I cannot believe that she is officially a toddler. She is walking all over the place, I think she may even start running soon, which scares me to death. She had such a great birthday party and she was completley spoiled by everyone. She has more toys than she knows what to do with. She also had her cousin Rylan and her second cousin Avery there too, so she had a lot of fun with them. At first she didn't know what to do with the cake she sort of licked frosting off of her fingers. It didn't take long however to figure out that cake is yummy and she devoured her whole piece. The next couple of days were spent going to my cousin's highschool graduation and spending time with family that came in from out of town. She had to have her shots today so hopefully she won't get to cranky. She has been so personable lately. She waves at everyone, loves to clap, and she is learning how to play peek a boo and blow kisses. She says dada, yum, all done, mama(on rare occasion) and her favorite word to say is du-short for duck which she happens to be obsessed with. Happy Birthday to my little girl!!!!

10 comments:

jill s said...

SO cute!

i can't believe she's one.

she is SO adorable melissa!

Mandy said...

so sweet. i love it! i'm so glad that we got to be there for her party! i'm so sorry that we put you in HFM danger! i'm glad she has no sign of it, though. but the stomach flu! that's worse!! i'm sorry. hope it was just a 24 hour thing and that you're feeling better. we had so much fun and i love your house! i hope we can come and stay again! next time disease free!! RtotheBL forever and here's hoping that lesibian erica gets axed next Top Chef!!!hahahahaha love you!!

The Hann Family said...

I can't believe she is one already...time does fly by! Seems like it even goes faster from 1 to 2. Looks like she had a great day and weekend. She is such a doll!

Jeni Everett said...

Holy Moly, she is 1?! How is that possible? Congrats!! She gets cuter everyday.

Also, I am sorry for helping you decide to have the book club at your house this month. I know you are dreading it but I think you will really love it! Good luck!

Court said...

She is so cute. 1 already! They grow up so fast. Happy bday McKenna

Lori said...

i can't believe she's already one! wow!!! what a cutie.

jayme said...

Happy Birthday to Mckenna!! I can't believe she is 1 already!

Stephanie Shumway said...

yay! Happy Birthday! She is adorable!

Dan Hilton said...

Super cute pictures girl! By the way I loved your "Look-a-like" thing at the top. Does she look like mom or dad? I loved it so much I tried it for myself, but I was a little suspicious. So we tried a little experiment. You'll have to check out my blog to see if it worked!

♥ Natalie said...

She is a precious little dolly, isn't she?! And how cute are her pig tails in the pics from the more recent post? So CUTE! I am amazed that she is one already. Looks like she had fun at her party!! ~Natalie