Monday, July 14, 2008

Chris Turned 30!!




Chris turned 30 last Thursday and he had to work, so we planned on celebrating his birthday on Friday. We went to lunch at Joe's and then Jacob and Jessie babysat while Chris and I went to see a movie. What Chris did not know was that there would be a surprise waiting for him when we got home. I planned a semi-small surprise party for him and he had no idea. There were about 30 people there and that was just family, and a few close friends. Thanks to everyone for coming:) We had a great time with everyone and enjoyed many a chimi from Nando's(Chris and I are still eating the leftovers). I feel so lucky to be married to such a wonderful person and I loved throwing this party for him. Even though he is 30 I am the one with the gray hairs-go figure.

8 comments:

Mandy said...

yay! happy birthday chris! that cake is so cute! you are so fun. i hope he doesn't feel too old... wait, that's impossible. he is really old. i at least hope that he knows that even old dudes can be cool. and chris is the coolest. :)xoxo

Cicily said...

So I figured out the connection, it was Jill Riggs. It was driving me crazy. Happy Birthday to Chris, man he's tall. Hey, I really would love to get our kids together to play if you ever have time. Let me know. ms.cicily@gmail.com

Jeni Everett said...

Hey Mel,
We decided (Jayme and myself) that we sould do lunch again. We also thought that it would be fun for you to plan it. Aren't you stoked! What do ya think? You could invite Cicily so she could get her little guy with McKenna.

Lori said...

oooh! Happy Birthday Chris! I can't believe I forgot his birthday this year, of all years. He has the same birthday as Greg.

Looks like it was a great time! Way to be Melissa, I like it!

Jenny said...

Thanks for the comment, and you and your hubby look darling together! Glad you have had a fun summer.. I am so excited for Breaking Dawn & now the Host. We will have to get Kailee & McKenna together sometime to play since my Makenna will be starting school...and we are pretty much neighbors.. right? Im n Finley Farms.

The Hann Family said...

What a sweet wife you are!!!! Looked like a fun night!

Court said...

Oh yeah, I'm coming. We are coming down for about a week. We should get a bunch of us and go to lunch while I'm down.
Oh the days of our Sr. year. We sure had some fun...between boys and all the classes we had. Didn't we have like 3 or 4??? and the singles ward days, they were fun, ones to experience ONCE in a life time. :p

Jeni Everett said...

Hey Mel,
Thanks for the invite to the BBQ. We are going to my nephew's birthdya party in Anthem. We are taking a journey! I think we found a renter. If all works out we will be moving out up about Sept. 25th or so. I hope it all works out!
Also, thanks so much for the boxes!! You guys are the best!