Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Easter Egg Hunts, Easter, and a Wedding:)









































I decided to group all of the Easter Egg Hunts that McKenna did together since she did three. The first was with our community and it was a disappointment. Why you ask? Well it was highly unorganized for one and they used leftover Halloween decor for all of the kids three and under. So McKenna was the grand recipient of a spider, a pirate eye patch, a few gold coins etc... you get the idea. She did freak out when she saw the Easter Bunny not in a scared way either. She was yelling "Bunny" at the top of her lungs when her turn was over and Chris had to go and stand with her on a grassy knoll far away to get her to stop crying. I felt bad for Rylan, Katie, and Kellen sorry again for the let down.


The next hunt was in my Grandma's ward and it was great except for the fact that it was raining that morning and cold. After breakfast they organized the kids for the hunt and my mom made the mistake of giving McKenna the umbrella to hold by herself. After that she could care less about the eggs it was all about the umbrella and getting it back. I didn't even know she could say umbrella but it was in her vocabulary:) We took a family pic and of course she is being a stinker and shouting for the umbrella. On the walk back inside she would cover herself in it and we would say Where's McKenna and she would pop out and say Here you are-still working on it:

On actual Easter I was so excited to go to church and McKenna woke up at 6 am which is very early for her. I went and got her out of bed and she was burning up, well she had a 102 fever. So Chris and I were going to split up church. Well later in the day I started to feel awful and it all went down hill from there. We went over to my mom's house for dinner and McKenna was not wanting any attention and once she found an egg with skittles in it-she was done. We tried to do a hunt at our house and make it exciting-she just didn't care. Luckily, her fever broke the next day and it seemed to be the only thing making her cranky.

Finally-Sorry this is a long one:) We went to a wedding reception this past weekend and McKenna had her dress picked out and was all ready by the time daddy got home from work. Chris loved the way I did her hair and I must say it did look cute-especially since if you know me you know I can't fix hair. So we took some pics before the reception and I think that they will be her substitute Easter pics:) At the reception there was dancing and McKenna was a boogie baby. She kept telling us dance and then she would run over to the floor and run around and dance with older kids. She is such a sweetheart:)

5 comments:

Jonna said...

She looks so adorable in her Easter dress! I think that's hilarious that they used left over Halloween stuff...AWESOME!

jayme said...

I love McKenna's dress. What a cutie. O.k Your blog says you posted at 6:13am. What are you doing up so early!! :)

Lori said...

awwww Happy Easter!

Mary Davis said...

I think Chris with the purple umbrella is AWESOME!!!!

Chelle said...

She needs to be on a postcard, seriously! And how awesome about your Disneyland trip. Tell Chris kudos for giving you such a wonderful b-day gift! My whole fam is going this June and we're going to eat at the Blue Bayou as well--I'm so excited! Siena can't wait to meet the princesses, although I think she'll probably be scared of them once she's there...oh well. It really is the happiest place on earth right?