Sunday, April 12, 2009

29 at the Happiest Place on Earth

Tigger-She was jumping for him and then chased him around. She just called him tiger though.
Her Minmie hat


Pooh-Need I say more

Hi Ooffy-This is what McKenna told Goofy




Happy 29th to me! We ate at the Blue Bayou that evening-holy expensive, but worth it once I think.



She started swining like a monkey on the bars while we waited in lines.

















Minnie was her favorite and I asked McKenna what she was going to tell Minnie and she said "cheese."






Riding the merry-go-round(She rode this ride the most:)







First day there-








As some of you may know my husband spoiled me and took our family to Disneyland for my birthday. We had so much fun together and it was nice because we had the 3 day park hopper and got to take our time doing the rides and shows. This year Disneyland is giving you free admission on your birthday, but since we already had tickets they basically gave me a gift card worth the amount of the ticket. It paid for a Minnie hat for McKenna, Bolt, and some pics of the family. McKenna was in heaven with all of the characters. Characters that she had never seen or heard of before were given big bear hugs. By far her favorites were Minnie or as she calls her Minmie and Pooh. Those were the two that she freaked out about the most and also hugged and talked to the longest. She enjoyed all of the rides but her faves were the choo choo, merry-go-round, and the Finding Nemo Voyage. We stayed at a hotel within walking distance and made sure that she stayed on schedule with her naps which was nice because we basically took a nap everyday too. The walk back and forth got a little tiring but it was better than paying for parking everyday. It has always been like a thing for me to take my kids to Disneyland and I just loved seeing her react to everything. I have always loved Disneyland and it was so fulfilling being there with my own daughter and seeing how excited she got over the characters and the parades. It was a dream come true-cheesy, but true.







6 comments:

Court said...

What a fun birthday celebration! I like you love Disney and can't wait to see it through my childrens' eyes. How fun to watch her experience the Disney Magic. Glad you had a happy birthday.

Jonna said...

I can't believe she was willing to hug all the characters. Even Olivia is still freaked out of the huge guys. Looks like a ton of fun! Man Chris, what are you going to do for my birthday?

Jeni Everett said...

Looks like fun!! I am glad you got to go to the best place ever to celebrate your last birthday in the 20's. Nice!

Mandy said...

not cheesy! so great! i love it. i can't wait to take Avery back this summer. she's going to flip! she's a disney-aholic. i can't believe how big McKenna is!! still counting down... xo

Carbonneau said...

Wow! what a fun birthday!! One day I will be brave and take my crazy kids there...lol I think I will have to pay for some teenagers to come along and be in charge of a couple of my kids. Then I think it would work out. So nice of Chris to take the family there. Happy Birthday!

Jenny said...

fun to see your pics & McKenna loving on those characters :) Disneyland is the best! And way to go for getting those naps in. We were a wreck each night because we stayed the entire time..without a nap..we would just go to the park late or leave early. Next time we will get a closer hotel..because we walked as well-like maybe a mile. It's exhausting..but worth it!