Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Beautiful Arizona Weather
















I haven't blogged in a while, I don't really know why but we have just been living life I guess. It has been so beautiful outside lately and we have had tons of fun playing at various parks. McKenna has a new obsession with playing in the sand which is funny because she hated it a month ago. She will literally pick up sand with a cup and empty it in a bucket and she thinks it is the greatest thing ever. She is so funny and she is starting to talk a whole lot more and it is definitly becoming easier to understand what it is she is saying. She is such a doll, wanting to help me when I cook, helping to pick up her toys, becoming more and more obsessed with Yo Gabba Gabba and Elmo:) Which by the way are great shows if you don't watch them. Life is good for me too. I love my calling in YW. I sort of feel like I'm lucky enough to go back and relive my YW days all over again. I think I may even want to go for my recognition award all over again too. We'll see. I was so overwhelmed at first but now I just love every aspect of it and feel truly blessed to be a part of their lives. Hopefully the girls don't think I'm too crazy. I did get a little riled up at volleyball last night:)

10 comments:

jayme said...

Yeah an update with pictures. You guys are welcome over at my home ANYTIME. But just a little fyi, we are battling a stomach bug here, so you might want to wait a bit. Seriously my washer/dryer has been running all day and night the last few days, sweet!!

Jeni Everett said...

I am glad to see that everything is going well. Walmart has Yo Gabba Gabba shirts for like $3 right now. Of course I bought two to support Tom's friend's show.

Lisa said...

Yay you updated! Yes the weather has been really nice lately, we need to take advantage of it before it gets too hot! Your little girl is so cute and its so fun when they want to help with everything. That Yo Gabba Gabba show is weird to me, but Samantha loves it.

Mandy said...

Seriously- Yo Gabba Gabba is what I imagine an acid trip would be like, but it literally MESMERIZES Avery. haha. It's good to see an update. I'm so jealous of the beautiful weather there since it's snowing here right now, but I'm looking forward to summer. When am I going to see you!? Seriously, unless Blair gets married this year (haha), I think it's going to be a while. It's good to see pics, though, and hear from you. I have the same feelings about my YW- Do these girls absolutely think I'm crazy? I taught the lesson this Sunday on HOMEMAKING and I seriously thought the entire time, "This is totally payback. When I was in YW and had this lesson I sat there and rolled my eyes the entire time. Now I'm giving it and I'm a FT Homemaker!" It's so funny to remember how I thought I knew everything back then, to see that my YW think they do, and to now feel like I know less than nothing most of the time. haha. Love you!

Jonna said...

Really cute pictures Melissa. I sure wish you guys still lived on the west side of the valley.

jayme said...

I talked to Marci yesterday and she would love to do a girls night out next week. What do you think?

jayme said...

I talked to Marci yesterday and she would love to do a girls night out next week. What do you think?

The Hann Family said...

She is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo cute. I can't believe how long her hair has gotten.

The Ellsworths said...

Seriously, do you HAVE to post about the gorgeous weather when we are still freezing our buns off (not that I wouldn't complain if that really happened)? We miss you guys but it is really great to see you doing well!

♥ Natalie said...

She is growing up so much!!!! I have never seen Yo-Yo-Gabba, but have head rave reviews about it! ;)