Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Elmo Madness











This past weekend at my parent's credit union they had Elmo and Clifford there and then treats for all of the kiddos. I knew McKenna would love to go because she loves Elmo. Whenever Sesame Street is being watched she will beg for Elmo-she loves that big furry red monster. So when we pulled into the parking lot I told her to look and see who it was. (I hadn't told her who we were going to see.) All the sudden "Elmo" is being screamed in the car. I had my little sister Jessie with me so she got McKenna out and was dragged by McKenna to Elmo. Now understand that McKenna pushed her way through tons of kids that were terrified to get too close and she immedietly gave Elmo the biggest bear hug. Then she ran over to Clifford and said "Hi Doggy." It went on like this for about five minutes and then we went inside to get some treats. Inside McKenna was trying to get back outside to beloved Elmo so we went back out for some more fun. Needless to say McKenna was in heaven and she reluctantly told Elmo and Doggy "Bye-Bye."

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Wow..your daughter is soo cute :) I never knew Elmo could be so tall! thank you so much for commenting today. i guess i have been a little depressed lately. Yeah me&the girls go on Wednesday to el parque. It is a park on Mesquite in between Warner & Elliot off of Val Vista. If that doesn't make sense call me 480220-2362. we go at 11:30. :)

jayme said...

McKenna is too cute!! Jacob for sure would have been one of the scared kids. Friday night was so much fun.

Mandy said...

Oh my gosh. I cannot believe that she wasn't scared of him! That is the cutest story. I love the pictures. Avery is an Elmo lover, but I'm pretty sure she would have cried if she got within 5 feet of that ginormous Elmo. haha. So fun. I miss you guys! 3 more months til the beach! I'm quite literally counting down. Yes, my life is that void of meaning without you in it! :) Love you! Give the fam hugs from us! xo

Court said...

OH how fun! Porter would have been right next to McKenna running up to Elmo and Clifford. How fun it must have been to see your little girl seeing some of her favorite characters in person.

Kirsten said...

My oldest loved Clifford and Elmo too- in fact he was Elmo for Halloween one year and we actually half-considered going to Sesame Place (theme park)one year (If we make it back east to see John's dad this year, then maybe we can make a slight detour...) but unfortunately Nick got older, discovered the Joys of Cable Television with it's Nick jr, and Disney Channel, and now my younger kids have no idea who half the characters on Sesame street are. so sad...